Monday, January 16, 2023

CDOTD 1/16/2023

 Boredoms: Super Roots 7 (WEA Japan)

Purchased at Jerry's Records, in their new used CD store


As I continue to post to this ongoing listening diary, I'm wondering what I could possibly say about some of these albums? 

What am I to make of Boredoms? Is this music any good? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I've heard some albums I found boring, others thrilling and amazing. The first four minutes of Soul Discharge is an incredible ride. 

This CD, an EP length work, has two shorter remixes sandwiching a 20-minute piece. Missing is Eye's distinctive vocals (yelling and shrieking), in favor of a repetitive instrumental track. They're almost in a Can or This Heat territory, for lack of better comparisons. 

I'm tired as I write this. I'm a little sleep deprived, which always happens as a new semester is about to begin. Do I like this? The remixes are throwaways. The long track is fun, maybe I'll return to it.




No comments: