Monday, November 21, 2022

Recent dream

 I don't normally remember my dreams, but last Saturday I had one that was especially vivid. It concerned my band OPEK. I think we were to play a gig at a group home, with us playing on the floor. For some reason I had to leave, drove my car off, and returned before the show was over.

When I arrived back, my music was not ready and I frustratingly had to pick through a large pile of papers to try to find my part for whatever we were playing. I couldn't find any. In frustration, I called "Boogie Stop Shuffle" because I figured I'd be able to do enough of it from memory.

Despite playing it many times before, I had to stop the performance twice because the band couldn't follow instructions and was playing the piece completely wrong. After the second stop, I saw that the time was a few minutes before 3pm and it was almost time for the gig to end. So I gave up. 

Real time, there are no OPEK gigs on the books with none planned, which is not to say I don't have some potential plans for the future that I'm mulling over. We'll see. The dream seemed like an amplified version of some of my frustrations leading up to some gigs.

No comments: